Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Where we're at NOW!

well ... it been a while since i blogged here. So caught up in so many things. Synchronicity being what it is, I called my practitioner the other day to talk about how stressed I was feeling. The very best thing about getting a diagnosis from your Dr. that you are stressed, if your a Rel. Sc.is that he confirms that it is all in your head DUH!!!

It's one thing to be told you have cancer and be told it all started in your head and so now what are you going to do about it. Thanks Larry Dossey and all of the docs who taught us about heart disease and the connection to thoughts and emotions ... anyway. It is one thing to know your symptoms of liver dis ease and heart dis ease and so on are a result of what you think. It feels sometimes far fetched and a l o n g road back to health. But to told you have stress induced symptoms of heart attack ... well ... get over yourself!

Back to my practitioner ... she let me know that she too was moving her Centre after ...WOW ... 11 years in the same location... nd so could relate totally to where I am emotionally. What's the big deal ... well frankly ... there isn't any. It's all in my head.

Some people have spoken to me about missing my blog and how much they looked forward to reading them. I've been asked where I archive the abstracts of my Sunday lessons so people can go back to them. "It's really useful especially if you are doing a series, like now." "You know the summer school thang." (Thanks Rob) Frankly I'm flattered and ... well ... I enjoy writing them but got kind of side tracked. With the new location and just changes in the wind generally, I'm feeling more centred and ready to share more of what is on my mind ... and heart maybe.

so here goes ... here's the first in the series on Summer School ... Life 101 General Ed.

The next eight weeks of Sunday lessons offer Life Enhancement Courses designed to encourage you to look at where you are in your life NOW. Think of summer as the time when nature is at its most prolific. Yesterday morning a mother mallard duck swam past my window with nine ducklings in tow. Now if that ain’t prolific, I don’t know what is. This is the time for us to be at our most productive as well. It is time to open up your mind to where you would truly like to be.
Last night coming home on #10 Hwy … ALL traffic was stopped in both directions as a yet another mother lead her small brood of seven across the highway to the safety of the ditch on the other side. As I sat watching the spectacle unfolding before me, this bold yet fragile creature braving the danger of these gigantic vehicles and the smiles of delight and wonder on the faces of the drivers, I thought, “what gives this duck its pluck?”
Whatever it was it sure impressed all of us sitting patiently in the twilight of a Thursday evening.
I sat thinking of the fierce power at the centre of my life and how it has constantly pushed me to be more. In New Thought, thanks largely to Ernest Holmes, we talk about the interplay of evolution and involution as the cosmic encoding of our human existence. Holmes says of evolution. It is the passing of Spirit into form. It is the unfoldment of First Cause. Evolution is the time and process through which an idea unfolds to a higher state of manifestation and since ideas are Divine Realities, evolution will go on forever. Mother duck didn’t always have to consider cars on the fens of Ladner but when she had to she did. Involution on the other hand was what I observed on the faces of my fellow travelers that night. It was the dawning of an idea, the rising up of a kindness or a fellow feeling.
I become productive when I approach my life from a place of wonder and excitement; when I invoke involution; when I become involved. As I sat there watching and waiting in that moment of calm, I was involved and I thought …
What is my life about right now?
What do I desire to improve?
Why do I desire to improve it?
What is the experience I wish to have?
What would that feel like?
What am I willing to do to have this experience?
At that point I was aware I had already set something in motion. I had planted a seed of thought in the Creative Mind. Traffic started moving again. Mother duck stood proudly on the shoulder. Her little ones had disappeared into the ditch. And I knew that the evolution of my questions into answers had already begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home