Monday, September 13, 2004

The Glory of God on Day 7

Let's just let day 6 go by without comment shall we? I guess lived purpose is better than reading about it and studying it. If you didn't make to Service yesterday the Lesson on "Support Us" spoke directly to purpose, mine for sure, Daniel Nahmod's (I'm grateful to Daniel for songs like "We Shall Sing) and certainly the Divine Purpose hidden at the centre of CPL.

Today it's on to Glory and Chaz asking me, "why are you reading that book for the next 37 days if you hate it?" I DONT hate it exactly unless you consider being challenged and puzzled and troubled by it hating it. Let's face it I haven't thrown it across the room yet. Today is a good day!
I'm used to doing little translation tricks ... substituting It for He and Him and so I feel more at home with quotes like "For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by Its (His) power and everything is for Its (His) glory." Rom. 11:36
So today I feel at home in Rick Warren's spiritual address. Bringing Glory to God by living on Purpose makes sense to me. If the heavens are trelling the glory of God just by being heavens then the more I am just myself the more glory I bring to God ... Warren quotes Jesus as saying "I gave glory to you Father by doing everything you told me to do, by being everything you created me to be." (OK so the last phrase was mine, if there can be an AMP, CEV, GWT, KJV,LB and NAB then there can be TSB).

The bottom line in all of this is this business of glory-giving is embedded in us. The desire to live life in love, thanksgiving and delight is natural. so is the desire love one another, become more identified with the consciousness we identify as that of the Christ, serve one another from our understanding of our essential giftedness and finally communicating just how rich our experience of living truly is.... and why! Living life for the glory of God means a change in priorities. It means that life now becomes about "spiritual maturity". Today is a good day! It may not be as Pastor Warren suggests that I whisper a prayer of belief and esire to receive Jesus as my personal saviour but it can be a day when with humility and simplicity I say,
"I beleive there is a great work that is mine to do and though I only dimly precieve what it is, I move forward today beleiving that He (That which) who has begun this great work in me, knows how to bring it to completion."
Today is a GOOD day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home