Sunday, August 01, 2004

I'm conscious that I'm stranding on the edge of a cliff ready to jump of as I Cast a Vision for Lay Ministry. Easum in "Leadership on the Other Side" warned me that this would happen. You see the business of approaching leadership from a permission model rather than the one most of us are used to (the more authoritarian, Pastoral one) requires a shift in everyone's paradigm and guess whose gets played with first ... mine.A congregation member just reminded me, "Terry, It's all consciousness right? ... Well I guess the Church needs you to give it permission to grow before it can. What's holding you back from giving that permission?" She actually had a few suggestions ... That's the part I really hated ... and was so grateful for. MORE later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home