Saturday, September 04, 2004

T Rodgers wants to know

Have you ever planned for a long awaited trip or vacation, one that you might have termed the trip of a lifetime? I’m reminded of my stepfather’s return to Hungary in 1996. He had not returned to his home and his family since he fled in the uprising of 1956. I remember the preparations began months before the actual departure with the search for the lowest fare and the application for a passport. My stepfather had never held a Canadian Passport. I recall the purchases of just the right clothes for an unfamiliar environment, the “just perfect” gifts for the brothers and sisters he had not seen in 40 years and the nieces and nephews he had never met.

As the date approached there were the inevitable questions about the care of the cat, the mail and newspapers that would pile up, the car and what to do with it … the ride to the airport.

When the day arrived and the plane taxied from the terminal to the runway, there was that breathless moment when the engines revved and the plane began its dash down the runway and into the sky. Suddenly after all of your preparations the adventure was to begin

As a Centre I feel we are in exactly the same place. The decision to move has been made and a date chosen. All of the principles are now in place, Pastor and Associate Minister, Support Ministers, committed and hard working Board of Trustees, Practitioners and lay leaders. There is excitement; anticipation and some apprehension as we move out meet our future. As I move into this new phase I remind myself that it is not my idea of what the journey will look like, or Rev. Dianne’s or yours for that matter. The future of the ministry of CPL and its place in the Spiritual Community is held securely in the One Mind of which are ALL expressions. I am excited because I continue to ask myself “What must I become in order for this Centre to be what God wants it to be?” I continue to be surprised and challenged by the answers I get. I ask myself, “What must I let go of in order to be the right leader for this new Centre’s emergence?” And again I am sometimes shocked and often humbled by the answers.

I’m on the runway. The jets are revving up. Take off is not only inevitable but now it is imminent. I am carried up and away on the most reliable wings there are.

Dr Holmes reminds us:

No good can come unless it makes its advent through the centre of God Consciousness that we are. The hope of destiny is latent in the slumbering thought and genius lies buried until the attention is winged with love and reason. We must awake to the realization that a Divine Partnership has already been formed between the seen and the invisible.

The Science of Mind p. 415

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home