Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Open and Klaus

Taday's thoughts from PDL (Purpose Driven Life) are on worship. Worship from the idea of worthiness, worth and value. Warren ... Worship should be accurate, authentic, thoughtful and practical. What about relevant? I'm not sure you would call what we do on Sunday strictly worship but thanks to you Klaus, I get a sense it is at least relevant.

Expanding worship to the idea of "spirtual practice or discipline" to me, at least allows for a broader experience and allows my life to be "worship"; allows anyone to worship and allows anything to be worship. I'm not sure CPL and Sunday@CPL will ever be all things to all people but I know it can be more things to more people.

Naturalists, sensates, traditionalists, ascetics, caregivers, enthusiasts, contemplatives, intellectuals ...seekers ... come one! come all. I'd rather our "worship" resemble a banquet than communion.

Klaus, your willingness to stand up in print as well as in fact speaks to relevance in a way that inpires me to kep on keeping on. There is nothing like calling "God"a stalker to get peoples attention. I can't claim it as an original thought. I remember being thoroughly moved by Francis Thompson's, The Hound of Heaven

I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind; and in the mist of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter.
Up vistaed hopes I sped;
And shot, precipitated,
Adown Titanic glooms of chasmèd fears,
From those strong Feet that followed, followed after.
But with unhurrying chase,
And unperturbèd pace,
Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
They beat -- and a voice beat
More instant than the Feet --
"All things betray thee, who betrayest Me."

Worship?????? HMMMM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home