Monday, October 11, 2004

Day 30 ...ten to go!

Shaped for Service .... I've just spent the day reflecting on my Sunday ... Warren says "when you are doing what you love no one has to motivate you". I never have trouble getting up in the morning and I'm especially motivated on Sunday mornings. I think there might be a clue here as I continue to puzzzzle on two big questions. What was I shaped for ...really? In the jumble of lives as deckhand and taxi driver, busdriver, business owner, merchant, monk and teacher and now minister ... what was a really shaped for?

The other is and I guess, this is what you've been wanting to know, what is it that enthuzes me, what is the passion and where is my greatest effectrieness in my ministry life right NOW?

Jeff Bezos... the head of the Multi-billion $$$$$ Amazon.com was fired up with the idea of a world without shopping malls. "I want to be the world's shopping mall!"

I'm not interested in wasting my life in a job that doesn't express my heart; that isn't an outpicturing of my passion; never have been. And those jobs I did that were not expressions of my heart did not last long. So here I am 7 years into ministry ... in the most satisfying (and challenging) job of my life and saying to myself as I told y'all on Sunday ... from problem ... to solution ... to IMAGINE a world ... or my life ... or a Centre that .... and you'll have it!

I'm not going to tell you I dont have a vision for my ministry or the Centre. It's everywhere if you look for it .... on the website, on the Sunday programme in notes from meeting, in my comments on Sunday ... and ... well everywhere but it .. it isn't written with the clarity and punch of "imagine a world without shopping malls" And THAT is what I'm going for now ... and nothing less. So right now ... I'm praying for a vision ... wont you pray too.

... in the mean time I KNOW I was shaped for serving ....

"God works through different individuals in different ways, and it is the same God who achieves It's purposes through them all." 1 Cor. 12:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home